- BC Games
Selkirk climbing event draws 53 competitors
Fifty-three competitors took part in a bouldering competition at Selkirk College over the weekend, the most ever in an increasingly popular event now in its fourth year.
Bouldering is a form of climbing which involves short climbs undertaken without a rope.
The competition is open to climbers all levels and is primarily aimed at “exposing people to what bouldering competitions are like,” said James Boldt, president of the Selkirk College Bouldering Club.
There were only a handful of climbers involved in the first couple of years, Boldt added, and about 35 last year. He said this year the numbers grew largely thanks to prizes put up by a number of sponsors from Castlegar and Nelson, to whom he issued a “blanket thank-you.”
More photos available at facebook.com/castlegarnews.
1. Robert Free - Nelson
2. Derek Hoddinott - Nelson
3. Andrew Simpson - Castlegar
1. Nigel Tilson - Castlegar
2. Kaj Byberg - Trail
3. Kieran Mc Intosh - Castlegar
1. Joel weatherhead - Castlegar
2. Robin Birkett - Castelgar
3. Connor Dooley - Castlegar
1. Jade Goldie - Castlegar
2. Kathryn Kimmerly - Castlegar
3. Candice Randle - Castlegar
1. Tera Schneider - Castlegar
2. Danielle Beauileu - Castlegar
3. Sonja Seher - Castlegar
1. Jessica Lachance - Castlegar
2. Alex Laing - Castlegar
3. Amelie Juneau - Castlegar