Thanks to the colder temperatures, the City of Castlegar’s outdoor community ice rinks are now open for skating.
The city is encouraging everyone to keep in mind the provincial health orders and guidance regarding COVID-19 while using the rinks. There are some new rules at the rinks this year, including no hockey.
• Hockey is not permitted
• Rinks cannot be used for events
• No more than 10 people on the ice at a time
• Maintain 2 metres physical distancing
• Be courteous and limit your skate to 30 minutes if others are waiting
• Stay home if you’re feeling unwell
Both rinks normally remain open until late January or early February as long as the temperatures stay at or below freezing.
Until then, the rinks may close from time-to-time according to weather conditions or maintenance needs. Notifications will be posted on the city’s Facebook page and website.
The rinks are free to use and located at the back side of Kinnaird Park, 2501 14th Avenue. They are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day and lit during the evening hours.