Categories: CommunityHome2

Miss Castlegar crowned

Castlegar has a new queen and princess. The winners of the annual Miss Castlegar pageant were crowned Friday night at Stanley Humphries Secondary School.

LeeAnn Zaitsoff was crowned Miss Castlegar and Emily Hultgren Castlegar Princess.

“This is definitely the adrenaline rush of the year,” said Zaitsoff after the pageant. “I am very grateful, I was lucky enough to have such a great candidacy with such incredible girls. I think any one of the girls deserved the crown tonight. I am so grateful for the program and what they have given to me.”

Hultgren was also thrilled were her victory.

“I can not believe that I did it and that all of us did it,” she said. “I am so proud of every single one of us and the roads that we took to get here. It is the best feeling in the world.”

The winner is determined through a points system which awards up to 30 points for the five month training period, 30 points from a personal interview, 15 points for the pageant speech, 10 points for the pageant talent display, 10 points for the evening gown presentation and five points for the pageant impromptu question.

Jessica Esovoloff won the queen committee training award, Emma Lawczynski won the runner-up speech award, LeeAnn Zaitsoff won the speech award, Emma Lawczynski won the runner-up talent award, Emma Hultgren won the talent award, Deannah Kaiser won the perseverance award and Emily Hultgren won Miss Friendship.

This year marks 70 years of Miss Castlegar competitions and some former Miss Castlegar winners were recognized at the pageant including the very first Miss Castlegar.

Betsy Kline

Leave a Comment
Published by
Betsy Kline

Recent Posts

Abbotsford firm boss gets hate mail over piles of dead pigs near Princeton

‘I’m not responsible for the pigs’ deaths. I’m responsible for the clean up’

7 hours ago

Love for Betty White tallies nearly $500,000 for animal welfare groups in B.C.

What would have been iconic actor’s 100th birthday sees $40,000 donated to Victoria Humane Society

8 hours ago

B.C. CDC reduces COVID isolation time to 5 days for unvaccinated people who test positive

Individuals are asked to avoid higher-risk settings for an additional five days

8 hours ago

B.C. up to 895 people in hospital with COVID-19 infections

Critical care stable, 13 more deaths confirmed Wednesday

8 hours ago

Trudeau promises to support Ukraine as Canadian warship departs for Black Sea

Ukraine on edge as 100,000 Russian troops sit on their country’s eastern border

8 hours ago

Suspended Alberta justice minister says he wasn’t distracted driving, phone in pocket

Kaycee Madu says he paid ticket fully and promptly, understands how call to chief might…

8 hours ago