UPDATE: Pemberton Music Festival cancelled, no automatic refunds

In the past, the music festival located in Pemberton drew large crowds last year of 180,000 fans

This year’s Pemberton Music Festival has been cancelled and those who bought tickets may have a tough time getting their money back.

Pemberton Music Festival released a statement Thursday afternoon, announcing it has filed for bankruptcy protection with Ernst & Young apointed as the trustee in the claim.

As Pemberton Music Festival is “now in bankruptcy,” it says it has no ability to provide refunds for tickets purchased.

“However, ticketholders may file a proof of claim form as an unsecured creditor with EYI,” the statement reads, and “proof of claim forms will be mailed to known creditors in due course and made available on the trustee’s website.”

Refunds may also be available to ticketholders if tickets were purchased using a credit card, and ticketholders can contact their bank or credit card issuer directly to determine if a refund is possible.

The music festival which was set for the weekend of July 13 – 19 in Pemberton offers the option to camp on site and drew large crowds last year of up to 180,000 fans over the four day event. Tickets to camp were from about $500 to $700.

Headliners in the past have included Snoop Dogg, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar and Pearl Jam. This year’s acts were to include Major Lazer, HAIM, and Run the Jewels.

Social media accounts attached to the music festival have also been deleted.

More to come.


@ashwadhwani
ashley.wadhwani@bpdigital.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Columbia River Treaty to be renegotiated in early 2018

News came in a Tweet from the U.S. Department of State

City of Castlegar hires former CAO as airport consultant

John Malcolm has been hired on a six-month contract to act on the city’s behalf on airport matters.

Castlegar Fire Department Toy Drive raises over $1,100 for food bank

The Castlegar Fire Department held its 35th annual Toy Drive at the Castlegar A&W on Saturday.

Millennium Park Concession had a successful year

Profits up as Castlegar park visitors consume 2300 pounds of potatoes.

Site C dam goes ahead, cost estimate now up to $10.7 billion

Premier John Horgan says Christy Clark left him no other choice

VIDEO: New series takes in-depth look at sexual harassment in B.C.

Black Press takes a hard look at sexual harassment in B.C.

CPR Holiday Train rolls into Castlegar Tuesday

The CPR Holiday Train has been making tracks across Canada and is its way to arrive in Castlegar.

B.C. polygamous leader argues charge should be dropped in charter challenge

Winston Blackmore argues some of the evidence shouldn’t be used against him

LETTER: Proportional representation makes votes count

Fair Vote Canada representative responds to Tom Fletcher column

B.C. dog owners warn about chain collars after puppy almost strangled

Young Rottweiler pup couldn’t breathe after another dog caught tooth on his collar

Accused NYC subway bomber expected to face federal charges

Akayed Ullah, 27, was charged Tuesday with terrorism and weapons related charges

Strategy announced for Indigenous cancer care

Various stakeholders have come together to provide a road map from prevention to survivorship

Environmental groups slam NDP decision to continue with Site C

Construction industry, meanwhile, is cautiously optimistic about how the project will look

B.C. Conservatives applaud Site C decision

B.C. Conservatives happy with government decision to proceed

Most Read