The BC Centre for Disease Control is reporting 39 new cases of COVID-19 within the Interior Health region.
Province-wide, there are 589 new cases of COVID-19. To date, 252,373 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered within the province. 73,808 of those were second doses.
IH also provided an update on the region’s outbreaks:
- Kelowna General Hospital has six cases: five patients and one staff, with one death connected to this outbreak.
- The Florentine in Merritt has two resident cases.
- Highridge/Singh House group home in Kamloops has 13 cases: five residents and eight staff.
- Westsyde Care Residence group home in Kamloops has 30 cases: 17 residents and 13 staff, with two deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Brocklehurst Gemstone long-term care in Kamloops has 32 cases: 24 residents and eight staff, with two deaths connected to this outbreak.
- Noric House long-term care in Vernon has 67 cases: 39 residents and 28 staff, with 10 deaths connected to this outbreak.