My name is Andy Davidoff and I have accepted nomination as a candidate for Director of RDCK Area “I”.
I am a proud resident of Thrums where my wife Elaine and I have raised our family for the past 21 years.
I am currently serving my second term as the President of the Kootenay Columbia Teachers’ Union and therefore am on a leave from my regular employment at School District # 20 as a Head Teacher responsible for the Hospital Homebound, ESL, Education Outreach, Virtual School and Trail Middle School Alternative Education programs.
My KCTU members and anyone I work with can attest that I take replying to concerns and communications, in a timely manner, very seriously.
I have been honoured by being able to contribute to our community as a member of the Area “I” Advisory Planning Commission for over 15 years where I have gained a comprehensive understanding of how the RDCK functions.
I will continue to be a strong advocate on your behalf to preserve and enhance the quality of life you have chosen in each of your communities and feel confident that I will be a capable messenger to local government on your behalf.
I would be honoured to work with all of you to preserve the lifestyle we love for future generations and am respectfully requesting your support on November 19 to:
• Work with and for the communities of Brilliant; Glade; Pass Creek; Shoreacres; Tarrys; Thrums; and, the Voykin Subdivision Area.
• Ensure responsible “Neighbour-Friendly Development” that respects and preserves our area’s rural quality of life.
• Ensure responsible land-use planning that respects neighbours and an Official Community Plan that respects the needs and priorities of each community.
• Investigate enhanced quality fire protection in our area to help reduce home & business fire insurance rates.
• Support recreation commissions, regional park functions and local community halls.
• Minimize tax increases by maintaining the tax-base protection we secured during boundary expansion negotiations with the City of Castlegar.
• Ensure resolution of remaining issues with respect to the removal of power-lines from residential corridors.
• Ensure provision of historic levels of inland ferry service.
• Investigate more realistic Transit schedules.
• Protect our water licences and watersheds.
You can contact me by telephone at 250-304-8233 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about any of the above.
Thank you for your support.