Progress continues on the Columbia Avenue Redevelopment Project with all water main testing and 85 per cent of all water tie-ins completed.
Contractors also started working on building up the final road south of 21st Street. This includes excavating the temporary materials placed for the detour driving surface and replacing with compacted aggregate.
Over the next week, you can expect to see:
• Removal of existing water and gas main from the BC Transit bus stop near 22nd to 23rd Street on the west side of the project
• Storm main installation on the east side to 24th Street
• Water service and main tie-ins between 23rd and 24th Street
• Curb and sidewalk preparations from 21st Street, heading south
• Shallow utility installation (FortisBC electrical, Telus, Shaw) between 23rd and 20th Street
• FortisBC upgrading gas services
To keep everyone safe, pedestrians are asked to use 6th Avenue whenever possible since Columbia Avenue is an active and busy construction area.