If you are trying to figure out what to do during the Easter long weekend we have some suggestions for you and a list of things not to try due to closures.
- Easter in the Park will take place at 11 a.m. sharp Sunday at the Millennium Park. There will be an egg hunt for children 12 and under. Food and cash donations for the Community Harvest Food Bank will be accepted.
- The Castlegar Community Complex will only be open from 1:30-4:30 p.m. on Friday, but the Wibit obstacle course will be in place at the pool during those hours. There will be no fitness classes Friday. The rest of the weekend the Complex will be open for normal hours
- The Castlegar Library will be closed Friday, Sunday and Monday, but will be open Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Castlegar City Hall will be closed Friday through Monday
- The Castlegar News office will be closed Friday, but we are always open for news tips at email@example.com
Churches around town will be holding a number of services.
- Castlegar Baptist Church — Easter Sunday 10:30 a.m.
- Castlegar Christian Fellowship — Easter Sunday 10 a.m.
- Castlegar United Church — Friday 10 am Sunday 7 am Sunrise and Sunday 10 am. Maundy Thursday potluck 5:30 p.m.
- Kinnaird Church of God — Easter Sunday 10 a.m.
- Kinnaird Park Community Church — Easter Sunday 10 a.m.
- New Life Church — Good Friday Interdenominational Community Service 6 p.m. Easter Sunday 10:30 a.m.
- St. Rita’s Catholic Church —Holy Thursday Mass at 6 p.m. to midnight, Good Friday Stations of the Cross 2 p.m., Reading of the Passion 3 p.m., Saturday Easter Vigil 8 p.m., Sunday Mass 9 a.m.
- Good Friday Cross Walk — City Hall at 1 p.m.
If you have an event we have missed, give us a call at 250-365-6397.