The Castlegar Fire Department was on the scene of a fire on Fifth Avenue in lower Kinnaird Tuesday afternoon.
A small chimney fire broke out of the one-story home at around 2 p.m., prompting the response from Castlegar FD.
The department’s ladder truck and several other apparatus were on site.
Crews sprayed dry powder into the top and bottom of the chimney to put out the fire.
Watch the video:
No one was injured in the fire and there was no smoke damage.
There’s no cause for the fire established, but Castlegar Fire Chief Sam Lattanzio encourages any homeowner burning wood to do proper maintenance on their chimney.
“It is highly recommended to get your chimney inspected and cleaned every heating season,” he says. “And even more than once, depending on how long the season goes. There’s lots of variables, like the type of wood you’re burning, if it’s dry or wet, etc.”
The crews wrapped up their response by about 3:30 p.m. and returned to station.