Castlegar Primary School was evacuated Monday afternoon — for the second time in as many weeks.
Trucks from the city fire department arrived the scene at about 2:30 p.m. to investigate what appeared to be another gas leak.
Unlike last week’s leak, however, Fire Chief Sam Lattanzio said the problem was not inside the building.
“I determined that the smell came from external,” he said while awaiting FortisBC to arrive on scene and give the all clear.
Lattanzio said after finding no problems inside the school, he allowed staff to re-enter the building.
He said workers couldn’t find a problem after last week’s evacuation either.
However, school officials say they made repairs several times to the gas system recently, and thought the problem was taken care of.
Firefighters left the scene at about 3:30 p.m.